When using our website, www.bartsbeans.nl, there may be data collection and data processing of your private information at various times. Naturally, you want this data to be handled with care. We understand that.
What personal data do we process?
For example, if you order a product from Bartsbeans we will ask you for certain information for the purpose of; communicating about the order, delivering the product and administering the order.
Data we process:
- First name
- Phone number(s)
- Email address
- Customer number
- Order number
Payments take place on a secure payment environment of our partner Mollie BV. Your account number is used only when we need to transfer money to you. In the case of returns, for example.
If you use our website or otherwise contact us, we may process personal data as part of our services. These data are:
- IP address
- Device type
- Website usage and behavior (cookies)
- Communication preferences and settings
Processing: bases and legitimate interests
The processing of personal data takes place on the following bases from Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation:
- Execution of an agreement with you
- Legal obligation
- Performance of a public interest task
- Legitimate interest of Bartsbeans or a third party
Justified interests include marketing, security, (crime) prevention, IT management, research and analysis of own products or services, corporate governance, legal affairs, internal management.
No processing of data of persons under 16 years of age
We do not intend to collect data from website visitors under 16 years of age. We encourage parents to be involved in their children’s online activities to prevent Bartsbeans from potentially processing their personal data.
Purposes for processing personal data
Bartsbeans processes your personal data for the purposes listed below.
- Building and maintaining customer relationships.
- Handling orders, processing financial records and logistics.
- Providing customer service including service around buying a products and fulfilling warranty obligations.
- Approaching you with offers or other commercial information. In doing so, you always have the option to opt out.
- Linking and analyzing cookies from our websites to customer data known to us. We do this to best tailor the content of our communications to your personal preferences
Sharing with third parties
Bartsbeans shares your personal data with third parties for corresponding reasons.
- If we are required or authorized by law to provide personal data to third parties
- For business purposes (such as the sale of business activities or shares or a reorganization)
- Bartsbeans also uses third-party services that perform the role of “processors” (e.g., hosting for website hosting.
- If personal data is sent to a recipient abroad, it is usually only sent to a recipient in a country that the European Commission considers to provide an adequate level of protection for personal data.
We do not store and use your data longer than necessary. Then we delete all the data we have on you. Inactive customer accounts are deleted after 7 years.
If you would like to access your personal data you can let us know by sending us an email. After mandatory checks to ensure we have the right person in front of us, we will share this information with you.
Changing and deleting data can be done by yourself when you have an account. Can’t do that? Send us an email and we will do that for you. Note that deleted data cannot be recovered.
We apply security measures to prevent abuse, loss, unauthorized access, unwanted disclosure and unauthorized modification to the extent possible. These security measures are reviewed periodically based on threats.
Do you have questions, is something not quite clear? Let us know. You can reach us in several ways.